ct - CS/80 cartridge tape interface
ct* at hpibbus? slave ? punit ?
The cartridge tape interface as found in the 7912, 7914,
9145, and 88140 products provides a standard tape drive interface as described
in mtio(4) with the following exceptions:
1. There is only one density.
2. Only the ``raw'' interface is supported.
3. The MTIOCTOP ioctl(2) is limited. In particular, the
is not supported.
4. The MTIOCGET ioctl(2) is not supported.
5. The record size for read and write operations must be
between 1K and
Special files rct0 through rct3 refer to rewind on close interfaces to
drives 0 to 3. Files rct4 through rct7 refer to no-rewind
Files rct8 through rct11 refer to streaming rewind on close
(Only 9144 type devices can stream.) Lastly, rct12 through
to streaming no-rewind interfaces.
mt(1), cd(4), ch(4), hd(4), hpibbus(4), intro(4), mtio(4),
Read and writes of less than 1024 bytes will not behave as
9145 device is currently treated as a 9144.
OpenBSD 3.6 June 9, 1993
[ Back ]